Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Found proof that Pettus is the father of Burwell Chick

Just on Monday of this week I discovered a biography that mentioned Pettus Wales Chick and Burwell. I commented on the fact that I was going to search for a historical record to prove that Pettus Wales Chick of Hanover County, Viginia was their ancestor. See Chick biography at Heritage Quest lists Chick's going back to 1750's.

Well, I discovered the will of Pettus Chick of Hanover County, Virginia, proven on March 11, 1854, and it confirms the biography which showed him to be the father of Burwell Chick.  The will was shared by a Footnote user, moonietunes.  I added this website to the FamilySearch Wiki: Hanover County, Virgina-Websites


Document Description: Will of Pettus Chick, Hanover Co., VA, Chancery File No. 33, pp.185-187, dated Mar. 11, 1854; proved Apr. 25, 1854 (page 1)
Filename: PettusChickWill1.jpg



Contributed by:moonietunes Document Description: Will of Pettus Chick, Hanover Co., VA, Chancery File No. 33, pp.185-187, dated Mar. 11, 1854; proved Apr. 25, 1854 (page 2)
Filename: PettusChickWill2.jpg
Document Title: Pettus Chick, will, Hanover Co., VA, 1854, page 2



Document Description: Will of Pettus Chick, Hanover Co., VA, Chancery File No. 33, pp.185-187, dated Mar. 11, 1854; proved Apr. 25, 1854 (page 3)
Filename: PettusChickWill3.jpg
Document Title: Pettus Chick, will, Hanover Co., VA, 1854, page 3



4 comments:

  1. Thanks Renate! It just makes me want to share more when I find treasures so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that I am late to the party, but When reading this Last Will and Testament of Pettus Wales Chick it states that Burwell is his brother. Where are you seeing him to be the father of Burwell? I have Burwell and Pettus parents as William Chick and Jean Ragland. Does your records show the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. This is old. I need to update it. On FamilySearch.org I have William Chick and Jane Ragland as parents.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...